Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Faux Tile Challenge



The Technique challenge for Monday on SCS was to make cards with Faux tiles. After looking at the samples, and some of the gallery additions for this technique I figured it would be easy. I just couldn't comprehend why people where saying it was harder for them than they thought, I just thought they making it to hard. That is until I did mine. I stamped a full page with the roses in winter, (I plan to use the rest for one sheet wonder cards) and then embosses the rectangle with versamark and clear embossing powder. I had planned to use my Creative Memories square maker to punch the squares, well that didn't work too well with the two layers of embossing powder. So I had to cut my squares 1 inch with my trimmer. That was hard to not have the paper moving around for that tiny area. I laid my squares out, but had a hard time with the spacing on the brown "grout" paper. That is where the ribbon comes in, I had to cover up my mistake. Oh well I am happy with the final result, and love the tiles. But I will not question again if more than a few people say a technique was difficult LOL

No comments: